Eco Tips: A beginner’s guide to going green
Want to be more environmentally friendly but just don’t know where to start or what it’s about? Read on for our quick and easy guide to being greener in your day-to-day life.
- Hang-dry your laundry instead of using your tumble dryer. Not only will you save energy but also you will save on costs.
- Turning off your appliances might not be enough to save on energy, why not prevent phantom usage and unplug what you are not using?
- Using eco-friendly clean products will also rid your home of harsh chemical odours that can cause respiratory and sinus irritation. Look for products that contain naturally derived ingredients.
- Switch disposable plastic to glass bottles or pitchers with built in filters for storing drinking water. Invest in a good reusable glass bottle to carry with you to work or on the go.
- Try using public transport, a lift club or walking to work as much as possible; this will save on petrol; wear and tear on your car and most importantly CO2 emissions.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.