Go Potty with Pots and Paint
Life can be very rushed at times and few things help you recharge and face the hustle and bustle like some time spent outdoors. Problem – we don’t all have big gardens to sit in… No problem! Turn your small garden, courtyard, balcony or even that empty corner in your flat into a fun oasis of colour with our poured paint pots project.
What you need
- Terracotta or concrete pots
- Paint of your choice
- Something to lift the pot off the ground – tall glasses, jars, PVC pipe sections, etc.
What to do
- Take your newspaper and cover the floor of the area you plan to work in.
- Place the item you will be using to prop up your pots and then put your pot upside down on top of this item.
- If you kept the barcode stickers, place it over the holes in the bottom of your pot. If not, you can also use masking tape or something similar to cover them. As this will be below your pot when right side up, don’t worry about how it will look when the paint has been poured over.
- Now you can start pouring your paint. Start in the centre and keep pouring until it starts running down the sides. Stop when it looks good to you.
- Let the paint dry. If you want to stick to 1 colour, this is where you would end. If not, then repeat step 4 with a different colour. Do this as often as you like.
- There are no rules, but once you’re happy with the look, you’re done!
- Finally, fill your pots with plants and place them in the desired location.
- Use different shades of the same colour for a monochromatic effect.
- Use contrasting and/or very bright colours for a bohemian look.
- Paint the pots in a solid colour first, before you pour the paint over it.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.