How to drill through ceramic tiles
Do you need to do some drilling through ceramic tile? Use our handy tips to complete this project without damaging your tiles!
What you will need:
- Masking tape
- Drill bits
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Stick a piece of masking tape on the tile area you want to drill through.
- Mark exactly on the tape the spot where you want to drill the hole.
- With a bit of pressure drill through the tile.
- If you have a two-speed drill, use the lower setting or if you are using an electric drill run the drill slowly. Ensure that hammer action is not on.
- As the drill gets through the tile you will feel a slight jolt.
- Now switch the drill’s hammer action on and you can complete the drilling process.
- Suck up the remainder of the dust with the vacuum cleaner.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.