How to give old furniture a new lease on life
What you will need:
- Power sander
- Sanding sheets (100 and 240 grit)
- Damp sponge
- Soft brush
- Varnish, wax or paint
- Sand down your chosen piece of furniture with a power sander, using sanding sheets of (100) grit.
- Wipe down surface area with a damp sponge.
- Once dry, start second phase of sanding with (240) grit sanding sheet.
- After sanding wipe down the surface with a damp sponge.
- Wait for the surface to dry before starting the third and final sanding phase with (240) grit sanding sheet.
- When finished sanding brush down surface area with a soft brush.
- Apply varnish, wax or paint of choice and allow to dry. (Follow application instructions of chosen product)
- Once dry, apply patina and allow soaking for a brief period.
- Wipe off patina with a cloth to achieve an antique look.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.