Tips on how to paint outdoor pots
Terracotta pots can seem a bit monotonous, if you are a DIY enthusiast and love being in the garden why not try revamping your old terracotta flower pots. This is a great way to get creative and create a unique feel to your garden.
You will need:
- Terracotta pots
- Acrylic craft paint in assorted colours from DIY Depot
- Small or medium foam brushes
- Clear acrylic paint
- Fine bristle brush
- Cement adhesive (for cracks)
- Wipe down your Terracotta pots removing any debris or mildew. For cracked pots seal the crack with a cement adhesive and wait to dry before painting.
- Make sure the area you will be using to paint is covered.
- Before you start to paint, decide if you want to have a theme for your pots of if you want each pot painted a unique way with different colours and patterns.
- When you are ready to paint, take your Terracotta pots and apply one acrylic paint colour as the base colour of the pot using a medium foam brush, this will allow for the paint to be evenly applied to the pot.
- Once the base colour has completely dried, take your fine bristle brush with a different coloured paint and create patterns on each pot. You can also use a stencil for this. Be creative and mix up colours.
- When you are happy with your designs you can now go ahead and replant beautiful flowers in your new revamped plant pots. Remember to visit your nearest DIY Depot for a wide range of colours and paint textures to create the look and feel of your new Terracotta pots.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.