DIY Resin Tray
Resin is all the craze right now and for good reason! It can be used in so many DIY & craft projects and is super simple to use. They whole family can give it a try!
Resin is an excellent adhesive that can be used to make plastics, durable castings like flooring, countertops and more.
Do you want to create your own wood resin tray?
You will need:
– 1x tray (size, shape of your choice)
– Epoxy Resin kit
– Epoxy pigment colours (pick 3 or 4 colours that compliment one another)
– Glitter flakes (optional)
– Small mixing bowls
– Heat gun
Follow the simple steps below:
1. Place your tray on a flat surface and ensure that the inside of the tray is clean and has no residue.
2. Mix your Epoxy Resin kit out to the right consistency.
3. Measure out your colours in small mixing bowls.
4. Pour your Epoxy Resin mix into your tray as levelled as possible.
5. Scatter your glitter flakes (optional) and pour your chosen Epoxy pigment colours into your Resin mix.
6. Using your heat gun, scan over your Resin mix and allow your Resin mix to move into different ways. This way you can control the design of your Resin mix and how it will harden/set. 7. Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
8. Once your tray has completely dried, place your favourite belonging onto your tray. From plants, books, orniments and so much more!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.