Eco Tips: Reducing your e-Waste Footprint
E-waste (Electronic waste) not only puts strain on the environment but also on the everyday production of electronics, causing electronics to become more expensive to produce. Here are a few tips on how you can help reduce your e-waste footprint:
- Buy refurbished instead of new. Refurbished cellphones approved by manufacturers are good quality and an excellent buy when you are on a budget. When purchasing refurbished phones it not only saves the consumer on costs but also helps save the manufacturer costs in producing new circuit boards.
- Recycle it. Recycle your old outdated phone instead of dumping it, take it to a nearby cell phone shop as they accept old phones and recycle good condition parts to reduce production of new parts.
- Refill and recycle. Before you send that empty ink cartridge to the landfill consider having it refilled. Refilling your ink cartridge is cost-effective for you and the environment. If your cartridge is damaged or old instead of placing it in the bin take it to your local ink shop for them to recycle it.
- Donate your goods. TV’s and stereos fill up and clutter landfills every year. Rather donate your old electronics, as it might be useful to others.
- Repair vs replace. When electronics fail it may seem like a good option to replace instead of repair. Servicing and making sure your appliances and electronic goods are in good order on a regular basis will prevent them from breaking down. Even with good care electronics break and repairing these items will be a more cost-effective option.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.