How to refresh your metal fence or gate
What you will need:
- Wire brush
- Power sander
- Flat sanding finger
- Oval sanding finger
- Sanding sheets (40 and 60 grit)
- Anti-corrosive paint
- Finishing paint of your choice
- Clean and remove rust from metal surface using a wire brush and/or power sander.
- Sand down old paint using a power sander.
- When sanding use the flat sanding finger for corners and an oval sanding finger for circular areas.
- Once old paint and rust has been removed clean off dust for a smooth surface.
- Coat the metal surface with an anti-corrosive paint.
- Leave to dry. Once dry apply a finishing coat with suitable paint of choice.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.