Floating Book Bookshelf
It’s not magic, but it could be. Have a go at making a floating bookshelf and baffle your guests.
What you will need:
- Any hardcover book that you don’t want to read again
- Good sized “L” bracket
- Craft knife
- Small wood screws
- Large screws
- Tape Measure or ruler
- A Stack of books
- Start by measuring the halfway point lengthwise inside the book and mark it. Set your bracket down across the book’s width on that space and draw an outline. Meaure it again to make sure it is in the middle of the page.
- Cut out a hole which is deep enough so that the bracket will set flush. Do this to the back of the book (inside). The spine will form the front of the shelf, so make sure not to cut it.
- Make a notch on the side of the book for the bracket to slot in so the book will sit flush against the wall.
- Use your small wood screws to secure the “L” bracket in place as well as fasten the pages together.
- Cover the back page in glue and close the book to stick it to the back cover. Put a stack of books on top of it and allow to dry overnight.
- Now comes the part where you attach it to the wall. Drill holes in the wall and use your larger screws to attach the “L” bracket to the wall.
- There you go – a floating book bookshelf!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.