Make glass jar flower holders
What you will need:
- Glass jars (any size and amount that you want)
- Clamps (one per jar)
- Metal punch (or screwdriver)
- 2 Hooks (optional)
- Piece of wood to hang jars on, if you desire.
- Jute, twine, etc. (optional- to hang the wood)
- Brush the wood off to remove any dust and dirt. Use your hammer and a metal punch to make a hole in the metal clamp. This will make it easier for the screw to go through. Ensure that you place a piece of wood underneath the metal, and punch the opening on the other side to where the clamp tightens. This is the hole you will use to screw the clamp into the wood.
- Mark the spot where you would like the jars to be placed. Put a clamp over your marking, the hole that you punched needs to be over the wood. Drill screws into the openings.
- Put your jars inside each clamp. Tighten the clamp until you are satisfied that they will not fall out.
- To hang the wood with the jars on, mark where you want the two hooks to go on the wood. Drill 2 equally spaced holes that are deep enough for the hooks. Screw the hooks in until tight.
- Using the jute or twine, etc. Loop these through the hooks, knoting each end. Now simply hang the piece of wood with a nail.
- Fill the jars with items of your choice – although we recommend flowers!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.