DIY Rope Basket
Creating a rustic feel for your home is all the rage at the moment. This can be achieved by simply adding neutral coloured paints to walls and decorating your home with wooden look-alike elements. A great piece that you can add to the rustic feel of your home is creating a rope basket. Not only will it be add to the charm of your decor but it is a great way to customise storage and organisation. Learn how to create your own woven rope basket on a budget.
You will need:
- Rope (choose a size that you prefer)
- Paint (colour/s of your choice)
- Paint brush
- Start by taking your rope and form a tight coil, this will be the base of the basket.
- Create your coil base to fit the base of the dustbin. Once you have created a big enough base, allow the dustbin to be placed on top. The dustbin will be used as support and will help you guide the rope evenly to form the desire shape of the basket.
- Carefully apply glue onto one side of the rope and a big enough piece of rope should be be placed on top of the glue, binding the rope together securely. Work your way up the dustbin until you reach the rim of the dustbin.
- Leave the rope to dry.
- Once the rope is dry, you can safely remove the dustbin.
- You can now create patterns onto your basket, using different colours to give it a unique touch. Tip: use the rope size as a guide to make patterns.
- Once the paint had dried, you can cut some leftover rope and glue them for handles to your rope basket. You can now store blankets, magazines or any other bits that you would like to organise.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.