DIY Garden Storage for Tools
Create a designated space for all of your garden tools. Try this easy DIY project that is perfect when you are limited with space and have a lot of garden tools. Not only will this keep your tools neat but it will be safer to store your tools in a more organised away.
- PVC pipes
- Plywood or Excess wood planks
- Coloured tape
- Permanent marker
- Measuring Tape
- Before you start anything, decide where you want to store your tools and how many tools you want to organise. This will give you an idea of how much material to use.
- Once you know where you want to put your tools, arrange your tools on the ground and decide which tools have more priority in terms of which ones you use more of.
- Take a plank of wood and measure out how much space you will need for each tool. Remember to keep in mind the head of each tool; some might take up more space than others. Cut the plank to the desire length.
- Measure and cut the PVC pipes for each tool. Each tool will be placed in an individual pipe unless you have space for two tools sharing a PVC pipe. We advise you cut each PVC pipe to the length of 30cm.
- Drill the PVC pipes to your plank of wood, measuring out an even amount of space between each pipe.
- Once each pipe has been drilled into the plank, drill the plank to wall you wish to keep your tools.
- To add a personal touch for each tool you can label each PVC pipe accordingly to the tool it is storing with permanent marker.
- When you have completed the steps above, you can now place tools in each PVC pipe.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.