DIY your own Rustic Headboard
Make your bed look even more inviting with a rustic wooden headboard. A rustic look gives the feeling of warmth. Follow these quick and easy steps to create your own focal point in the bedroom.
What you need:
- Wood paint (colour/stainer of your choice)
- Measuring tape
- Saw/woodcutter machine
- Wooden panel boards
- Using your tape measure, measure the length and height of your mattress as accurately as possible.
- Taking your wood panel boards, measure out the desired length and thickness of the wood panels you would like.
- Once you have measured this, mark down where you will need to cut the panels according to the thickness and length. You will need two long panels as legs that the other panels will be assembled to.
- Wearing your gloves, use your saw or if you have a woodcutter machine, cut the wood as marked.
- When these panels are cut to the desired length and thickness take your sandpaper and sand down the edges to create a smooth finish. This will also remove any splinters or untidy edges.
- Once you have sanded down the panels and are happy with the texture and look, place the panels on a flat dry surface.
- Now you can hammer the panels into each other using the nails.
- Once the headboard is assembled, taking your mixed paint colour or stainer colour of your choice, paint your panels in even strokes to even out the paint colour.
- Leave the headboard to dry in a well-ventilated area.
- Once completely dry, place the headboard against the wall you wish to place your bed at.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.