Eco Tips: How to green your office environment
The office environment is the perfect opportunity to start making your surroundings a more eco-friendly one. Do you recycle and strive to live a greener life at home? Here is a quick guide to get your office environment on the same track. A few simple steps can make a large impact on the conservation of our eco-system.
- Empower yourself by working from the bottom-up, do some research on how recycling and saving energy can help the company with financial gain.
- Conserve energy with your devices. Switch off your PC when you head home or place it on sleep mode, instead of using a screen saver, when you are away from your desk. Propose using energy-saving computers, screens and printers.
- Unplugging all electronic devices when not in use will prevent phantom power usage. Disconnect battery chargers when full.
- Reduce your printer usage by printing double sided, refilling ink cartridges and only printing important documentation.
- Go paperless around the office as much as possible. Review documentation on screen and send company updates and memos via email. Remember to recycle the discarded paper.
- Get your colleagues to join in on the recycling and eco-friendly efforts.
- Take packed lunches or take turns with co-workers to make lunches, this will be healthier and plastic containers are re-usable.
- Decorate the office and your desk with indoor plants; the plants will absorb polluted indoor air.
Now that you have a few tips on how to make your office a greener environment, spread the word!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.