Fun Animal-Themed Coat Rack
This fun coat rack would be a lovely addition to a childs bedroom or play room.
What you will need:
- 6.5mm x 406.4mm x 19mm (6.5″ x 16″ x0.75″) wooden plank
- 4 large S hooks
- Any hanging hardware/fittings
- Acrylic paint
- Start by sanding down your wooden board for a smooth finish and attach your hanging hardware/hooks to the back.
- Paint the entire front and sides of the plank any colour you’d like. We suggest a clean white.
- Once dry, draw your animals in pencil on the plank. It should be the backs of the animals and not their fronts. If you’re not confident in your own abilities, print out templates onto transfer paper and lightly trace them so they leave an outline on your plank.
- You can now paint your animals any colour you like. Be creative and have fun! Add leaf details for a jungle theme.
- Paint each S hook the same colour as one of the animals as it will form their tails.
- Drill a small hole for the S hooks to screw into and you’re done!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.