Turn a Broken Stool into a Night Lamp
What you will need:
- 50ml black enamel paint – high-gloss
- Foam board
- Bulb socket
- 4m electric wire
- 1 Gateway sheet
- Electric tape
- M seal glue
- Wooden stool base
- Black tape
- Spread newspaper across your floor to protect it. Now turn your stool base upside down and paint it black – you’d be forgiven for whistling the song as you go.
- Trim and cut your foam board to the exact size of the space between the legs that would usually be right under the seat. This will form the base of your lamp. Glue it in place.
- Measure the centre of the board and drill or cut through it to fit the bulb socket.
- Feed the electric wire through the hole and connect it to the bulb socket.
- You can now fit the socket in place using the M seal glue.
- For a neat finish, you can touch up the foam board with black paint and let it dry.
- Now measure the size and shape of the spaces between the inside of the legs and cut out pieces of the gateway sheet for each side. Make your cut outs slightly larger than the actual space so you can attach it to the legs.
- Now tape the sheets in place. It would be easier to get a friend to help you with this step.
- Add the lightbulb and, if you did everything correctly, you’ll have a stool lamp!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.