How to choose the right paint
Every room in the house can be different and have different needs. Read our how to on what paint to choose for various places and situations.
What you will need:
- Paint of your choice (after reading more below)
- Paint trays
- Drop Cloths
- High Quality Paint Rollers
- Paint Brushes
- Each room has different sheen levels, use our guide below to decide what is best for your house.
- Ceilings work better with flat paints as they apply very easily and hide imperfections well.
- A great finish for walls are eggshell and satin finish paints. These paints are easy to clean while still giving a nice shine level to make the room look great!
- Semi-gloss and high-gloss paints are excellent for trim, skirting and accessories. The gloss helps them stand out while still being super durable and super easy to clean.
- Don’t forget, primer is important as a base before painting any finish. However, if you are looking to save money a Paint and Primer in 1 could be for you!
- Always consult the information on your paint tin, or your local DIY Depot to help calculate how much paint you will need to complete your paint project!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.