How to seed and maintain your lawn
Winter is almost over and it’s time to make sure your grass looks smooth and unpatched for summer! Learn how to reseed grass to have a flawless looking lawn with this project.
What you will need:
- Suitable Grass Seeds (different ones for sunny and shady areas)
- Polyethylene Sheets
- Double-Duty Rake
- Broom Rake
- Garden Hose
- It’s always best to seed lawn and grass while the weather is still cooler – giving the seeds time to germinate before spring time.
- Using a heavy-duty broom rake, rake the lawn through to aerate the soil and get rid of excess leaves.
- Loosen the soil in any bare spots on the lawn.
- Sprinkle these spots with lawn fertilizer and rake it level.
- Add seed to the loosened soil and to any other areas of grass lacking in density.
- Don’t overseed the area or bury them too deeply.
- Once the seeds are sown, spray the soil lightly with some water.
- If you want to give your new grass a faster chance at growing cover the reseeded area with plastic (and weigh down with stones). This will keep the moisture locked in.
- Ensure that you remove the plastic once the first sprouts start to show.
- Thereafter lightly water every 3 days and once the grass is growing successfully water once a week.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.