How To Make an “I Spy” Bottle
Do you want an activity that will entertain your kids for a while and keep them quiet? Make an “I Spy” bottle! This is one of the easiest DIY projects for the little ones that is perfect for keeping them busy when you need to get some work done!
- A bunch of objects that are small enough to fit into a water bottle.
- An empty, completely dry water bottle without the label.
- Paper and pen
- Funnel (or a piece of paper to roll into a funnel)
- String, yarn, or ribbon
- Get your kids to help you hunt all over the house, garage, and outside for things to put in your bottle. Write everything you collect on your paper. A few examples could be coins, nails/screws, Barbie accessories, Legos, etc.
- Pour the rice in the bottom of the bottle. Then put a few objects on top of the rice.
- Pour rice over those objects and continue to layer rice and objects until your bottle is near full. Make sure you end with rice.
- Glue the top onto the bottle. This is in case the little ones get the idea to open the bottle and a make a mess.
- You’re done! Shake the bottle a little then have your kids try to find everything on the list your created at the very beginning.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.