How to make chic floating shelves
What you will need:
- 2 Leather strips of the same width and length
- 1 Piece of wood
- 2 Flathead wood screws
- 2 Ribbed plastic anchors (for mounting)
- Craft Knife
- Tape Measure
- Masking tape
- Fold each of the leather straps in half and using the ruler and pencil, measure where you want the screw to be. Then drill a hole in both pieces of leather so that they are in the exact same place.
- Tighten the screws in these holes by hand so that no damage comes to the leather.
- Then measure where on the wall you want your shelf to be. Do this by using the ruler and making sure that the leather hoops are just long enough to fit your plank of wood – leaving at least 15cm of edge on either side.
- Once you have found your measurements, drill a hole into the allocated markers and insert the ribbed plastic anchors.
- From here you may screw the leather loops into their respective locations.
- Once you are sure that your leather loops are secure, thread the plank through and ensure that it is balanced on either side of the leather loop. There you have it – a chic floating shelf made easy!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.