How to remove paint and varnish by sanding
Do you need to remove paint from a large or rough surface? Use this sandpaper method to get rid of old paint or varnish.
What you will need:
- Power Sander
- Hand Cleaner
- Old Rags
- Assess what you will be sanding – a wall will be fine, however, this method might damage fine wooden furniture and a chemical method may be better.
- If your surface is fine to sand begin by attaching course sandpaper to the sander and begin by sanding in one direction.
- One the majority of paint has been removed use a fresh sheet of sandpaper to remove the stubborn spots.
- Wipe the area clean with a rag and smooth out the surface with finer sandpaper.
- Wipe clean and leave to dry.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.