How to use Mirrors to enhance your Home
Whether you want to make a small room appear larger or you want to give a room more dimension. A well-framed mirror is your best friend.
- The best place to place a mirror is at the focal point of the room. The focal point of a room is the first place one looks when entering the room. This could be a fireplace, a feature wall, display shelves etc.
- Hang a mirror opposite a window in a small room, it will multiply the view and make the room feel larger.
- A mirror in an entryway is always a great idea. It reflects the light and gives passers-by a chance to check themselves when coming or going. If the entryway is large enough, create a focal point using a lamp and a flower arrangement on a small table and place the mirror above it.
- A tall standalone mirror as a piece of furniture is a great way to add character to an empty corner in the bedroom and it will serve an obvious practical purpose as well.
- Bear in mind, you never want your mirror to reflect an unsightly view. Rather have them reflect a piece or artwork, a window or some other interesting feature in the room.
- Mirrors are extremely versatile when it comes to décor. The size options are endless; you can frame them, add frosted designs or just leave them as they are. They reflect both natural and unnatural light and they add depth and dimension to any room.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.