Make Your Own Pallet Couch
Who needs to go out and buy couches? Make your own with this simple guide!
What you will need:
- 6 wood pallets
- Paint or stain
- Various paint brushes
- Flexible foam (800g – 1300g p/cubic foot is best, at least 10cm thick)
- Furniture fabric
- Sewing machine (and a skilled sewer)
- Flat brackets and screws
- Sand down the outer surfaces of your pallets, especially around the sharp edges and corners.
- Make sure the surfaces are clean and paint or stain them in your desired colour. Allow plenty of time for drying.
- Measure the top surface of each pallet to determine how much foam you’ll need before cutting it to size.
- Cover the foam and back cushion in any fabric you want. This is where those sewing skills come in handy.
- Secure the pallets together by screwing a flat bracket onto each end of the back of the top and bottom pallet. Screw another flat bracket onto the top front and back of each pallet group.
- Now put the cushions in place and enjoy!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.