Paint your own Wedding Centrepieces using Tin Cans
What you will need:
- Acrylic paint colour of your choice
- Decorative material (i.e. lace, ribbon, string, etc.)
- Tin cans
- Fabric glue
- Flowers (That go with the theme of your wedding)
- Start by taking your paintbrush with your colour of choice on it and start painting, one tin can at a time, in stroke motions (Tip: place your hand in the opening of the tin. This makes it easier to paint all around the tin evenly without messing).
- Once you have finished painting the tin cans, place them on a covered surface area and leave them to dry.
- Take your material of choice and cut to size using scissors. Remember, this needs to fit around the tin. (Tip: try not to cut too much of your material that covers your paintwork, leave some of the tin visible).
- Once you have cut your fabric to size and your tin can is dry, wrap the fabric around the tin can and use the fabric glue to glue both ends of the lace to each other.
- You can personalise the tin cans more by adding you and your partner’s names as well as the date of your wedding day.
- If you are happy with the look of the tin cans, you can place your flowers in and position them on the tables to your liking.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.