A guide to DIY safety
What you will need:
- Protective goggles
- Protective clothing
- Protect your eyes using protective goggles as dust, sprays, flying chips and sparks can cause long terms damage.
- Wear gloves at all times to protect your hands during sawing, sanding and chiseling to prevent serious or minor injuries caused by chips and friction. Do not wear gloves when operating a hand-held circular saw, a drill or belt sander as gloves are at risk of getting caught in the rotating motion.
- When working there are two recommended mask types to protect the respiratory tract. A disposable/fine dust mask is recommended for drilling, sawing, sanding, planing or routing. A mask with an activated carbon filter is the best defense when working with insulation wool, varnishes or solvent-based paints.
- It is often underestimated how much strain is placed on your ears when working with noise-intensive power tools; earplugs are sufficient to prevent noise exposure.
- Remove any and all jewelery and watches and tie up long or loose hair.
- Always wear comfortable and tight-fitting flameproof clothing when doing DIY.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.