How to create your own concrete planters
What you will need:
- Milk Carton or Plastic container in a shape you like or cardboard.
- Quick set concrete
- Duct Tape
- Paint if necessary
- Firstly, create a mold for your planter. Once you find a plastic box or milk carton with a shape you like, cover the inside with duct tape. You can even build a mold out of cardboard and cover it in masking tape to keep it together.
- Once you have your mold, free of any holes, and sealed nicely, create a smaller mold to fit inside your bigger one. This is where your plant will be, and once you have made the smaller mold, cover it in duct tape to ensure there are no holes.
- Once your molds are ready you can begin mixing your concrete, be sure to read the instructions on the box to get the right consistency and strength.
- Pour the concrete into the mold, only about half way, and then insert the smaller mold for the hole in the planter. From here you can fill up the rest of the mold.
- Leave your planter to dry for 48 hours at least, then remove the mold and then leave it to set for another week.
- After one week you can either leave it as is or paint your planter in any colour you desire. Some metallic elements can be used if you like to give it a chic look.
- Let the paint dry for 24 hours and then proceed to put plants into your lovely new planter.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.