How to make a homemade bench
A bench is something that is useful in most places and most scenarios. Make your very own small little bench for your household with this useful project.
What you will need:
- 2 pine planks 19mm thick and 3048mm long and 305mm wide
- A drill
- Wood screws
- Wood glue
- Sandpaper – 50 and 220 grit
- Paint of your choice
- Cut the wood into the following pieces: one 1524mm long piece (seat part); two 610mm long pieces (legs); one 1486mm piece (for support)
- Glue and screw in each leg to the support piece by marking the centre of the legs and putting the support beam perpendicular and flush with the tops of the legs piece.
- Glue and screw on the seat piece across the top of the middle.
- Leave the glue to dry.
- Sand the finished product for a smooth finish.
- If you have chosen a paint or stain, apply and leave to dry.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.