Maintain and repair carpet stains with ease!
Accidents happen and often those accidents can happen to stain your carpet beyond cleaning repair. Don’t stress! We have a how to project on how you can repair stains with a small piece of extra carpeting.
What you will need:
- Extra piece of the same carpeting
- Sharp utility knife or blade
- Adhesive Glue
- Cut out the stained portion of the carpet being careful to cut with the weave and not to cut the underfelt. Try keep the cut out as small as you can.
- Cut out your new patch of carpet ever so slightly, larger than the hole in the carpet.
- Check that it fits snuggly in the hole. If not snug trim slightly.
- Once it fits well, apply glue to the underfelt in the hole as well as a little bit under the edges surrounding the cut.
- Press the new patch into the hole evenly.
- Snip off any odd strands.
- Leave a heavy object on the patch for 24 hours to help the glue set.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.