Make a coffee table
What you will need:
- MelaWood, 32mm – finish of your choice
- 2 pieces – 850 x 850mm
- 1 piece – 850 x 100mm
- 6m edging strip to match your finish
- 4 pieces – 300mm x 10mm Threaded rod with bolts and washers
- Extra bolts and washers
- 4 x Cap nuts
- Contact adhesive
- 10mm wood bit
- Angle grinder
- Using your adhesive, apply the edging strip to the wood and cut off any excess strip.
- On the top and bottom of the table sections measure 50mm on each corner. Use your wood bit to drill a hole carefully.
- Place the rod into the holes via the bottom section, then add a washer and nut to the each end of the rod. 50mm of the rod should hang below the bottom, this will eventually form part of the feet.
- Now add a nut and washer to the top of the bottom section and ensure it’s screwed tightly. Each end of the rod also needs a washer and nut screwed on, just 100mm above the previous nut.
- Place the top piece of wood over the rods and secure this with a washer and nut. You may want to cut off any excess rod with the angle grinder.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.