Make Your Own Painted Cutting Board
The rustic look is in, especially when it comes to the look of your kitchen. Today we will show you how to make your very own painted cutting board that can add to the rustic look and feel of your kitchen with a personalised painted touch!
You will need:
- A cutting board (any shape you prefer)
- Painters’ tape
- Acrylic craft paint (your colour of choice)
- Clear sealant spray
- Extra-fine sandpaper
- Place your cutting board on a flat, hard surface.
- Use your painters’ tape to create the line you want on your board.
- Using your fine sandpaper, gently even out the surfaces on the board you will be painting (this will eliminate any splinters in the board). Once done, give it a quick rub with a damp cloth.
- Paint your board one side at a time with acrylic paint (keep in mind you do not want paint the part of the board you will be using to cut food on).
- If you would like to paint a second coat of paint, you can do so once the first coat has dried.
- Once your paint has dried completely, use the clear sealant spray and spray over the painted area.
- Remove the tape.
- To finish off, use the fine sandpaper again for a smooth finish.
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.