Personalised Street Name Signs
What you will need:
- 24”x6” (60.96cm x 15.24cm) stiff rectangular plank or board
- Green paint
- Cardboard letter stencils
- Masking tape
- Start by painting your board green and allow to dry.
- Print your street name on the cardboard. You can try downloading the Roadway font, or use a bold Arial or Calibri for your lettering. Just use all capital letters at 400 point size. If you’ll be using the words “street”, “road”, “way”, etc. in the sign, that should be around 250 – 300 point size.
- Now cut the stencilled word out with a craft knife. Take your time, making it as neat as possible and being careful not to cut yourself. Now place your stencil where you want it, fixing it with masking tape.
- You should drybrush the white paint over the stencil. Don’t make your brush too wet as it might bleed paint. Do a couple of layers like this until you are satisfied with the look.
- If you want a trim around your sign, create a stencil of a straight line about 1 – 2cm wide and follow the same process around the edge.
- Wait for the paint to dry before removing the stencil.
- You can now coat the sign with Modpodge or another sealer to protect it.
- Let it dry and you’re done!
Terms and conditions:
DIY Depot is committed to carrying a wide range of building supplies, DIY products and much more! We pride ourself in providing the very best DIY advice and service. However, some of our member stores may not always stock an entire product range advertised on our DIY projects. But do not fret! If your nearest DIY Depot runs low on stock or if you cannot find something we will gladly assist! Feel free to contact us on our customer care line and we will do our best to source the product you need. You can contact our customer care page here or call us on our customer care line 0860 DIY DEPOT.